Frequently Asked Questions - MN
What is the Xcel Energy Store?
- The Xcel Energy Store is an online store that facilitates the purchase of energy-saving products and services while offering instant rebates at the point of sale for certain products.
How do I find products on the Xcel Energy Store?
- The Xcel Energy Store currently offers a selection of the leading smart thermostats that are eligible for Xcel Energy’s smart thermostat instant rebate program. You can view each of the available thermostats on the home page and click through to each thermostat for more details.
How do I review a product?
- You can add a review of a product by clicking on the product, scrolling down to “product reviews” and clicking “write a review.”
Which products are eligible for rebates?
- It's our goal to make upgrading your home easy and affordable. That's why most of the products on the Xcel Energy Store are eligible for rebates. Below each listed product, you'll see a tag and quick description of any available rebates.
Is everyone eligible for a rebate?
- In order to receive water saving product rebates, you must be a residential gas and electric customer of Xcel Energy or are an Xcel Energy residential gas only customer with a gas water heater. In order to receive thermostat rebates, you must be a residential electric customer of Xcel Energy with central AC. Also, the purchased product(s) must be installed in the home serviced by your Xcel Energy account.
- Rebate limits apply:
- Two (2) Wi-Fi thermostat rebates
- Two (2) shower head rebates
- Two (2) bathroom faucet aerator rebates
- One (1) kitchen faucet aerator rebate
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
How do I login or register?
- You can login or create an account by clicking “Account” in the top right corner. From there a drop down menu will appear with the option to “Login or Register.”
How do I view my order history?
- Login to your account, click on your name in the top right corner, then click “Account” to view your order history.
Forgot your password?
- You can initiate a password reset by clicking “Account” in the top right corner. From there a drop down menu will appear with the option to “Login or Register.” Click on “Login or Register” and then click “I've forgotten my password” to initiate a password reset.
How do I update or change my address?
- Once you are logged in, click on “Account” in the top right corner, then click “Account” in the drop down menu. From there, click “Addresses” where you will be able to update your address.
- All product warranties are provided by the product manufacturer. Please visit the product manufacturer website for all warranty information.
- We do not install the thermostat for you. Please be aware of the installation requirements for each thermostat before purchasing.
To check installation compatibility please review the following:
- Some thermostats require a C-Wire to power the device, like the Honeywell thermostats and ecobee SmartSi thermostat offered on this store.
- Nest Learning Thermostats do not need a C-Wire to function and the ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled thermostat comes with an adaptor for those without a C-Wire.
- If you do not have a C-Wire on your existing thermostat, there are products in the market that act as an adapter (type “thermostat c-wire adapter” into your favorite search engine), or a contractor can help you install the device.
- Make sure to check your current wiring before purchasing any thermostat, and consult the installation information shown above.
Where can I purchase a smart thermostat?
- You can purchase a smart thermostat, from the Xcel Energy online store. You’ll get an instant rebate and installation and enrollment incentives.
How do I reach out for assistance with my smart thermostat or additional questions about the program?
- You must contact the manufacturer of your device if you have questions about how to install it, or set it up.
Will participating in the program negatively impact my home’s comfort?
- Participating in the program allows Xcel Energy to make small adjustment to your thermostat when the demand for electricity is highest. These changes help to manage the peaks in electricity use without significantly impacting comfort. And you can easily opt out of an event at any time, for any reason.
How do I sign up for AC Rewards?
- First, locate your existing smart thermostat among the eligible models above (or purchase an eligible smart thermostat at the online store.) then, click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you’ll follow a series of simple steps to enroll. Once you submit the necessary information, Xcel Energy will confirm that you’re eligible for the program.
When will I receive my enrollment bill credit?
- When you enroll an existing device you will receive a $75 bill credit on the statement following your enrollment. If you purchase (at a discount) a device from the XcelEnergy Store you will receive a $50 enrollment discount on the following bill from Xcel Energy.
When will I receive the annual $25 bill credit?
- You’ll receive a $25 bill credit on your October bill every year you participate.
What payment forms are accepted on the Energy Store?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
Why wasn’t I able to complete my online credit card transaction?
How can I view and print my online order confirmation?
- You can view your order information using the order confirmation email we send to you. If you have created an account, you can also view your order confirmation by logging into the Energy Store and accessing your Account. All your orders will be available.
How do I track my order?
- The tracking information will be included in the shipping confirmation email we send to you.
- Note: during peak seasonal and promotional periods, shipping estimates may be slightly delayed 3-5 business days. Please be on the lookout for your tracking email.
Can I cancel an order?
- In order to get your order to you as quickly as possible, we begin processing your shipment immediately after you hit "submit". This means that unfortunately, we are unable to cancel orders for in stock items.
How do I modify or cancel my order?
- Please contact us using our Contact Us page or call us toll free at +1 (855) 912-7139 or send an email to support@xcelenergystoreMN.zendesk.com.
What if I received a damaged product?
Why is my item on backorder?
- On rare occasions, popular products can be temporarily sold-out, but we are usually back in stock quickly. If you would like to adjust your order in the event of any delay, please contact us toll free at +1 (855) 912-7139 or send an email to support@xcelenergystoreMN.zendesk.com.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- For shipping & delivery questions, please see our Shipping page.
- For returns questions, please see our Returns page.
- Still have questions? Please contact us using one of the options on our Contact Us page.